Our Terms of Trade
These Terms of Trade apply to Online-Shoppers.
We will never share your information with any other individual or company.
Ordering & Delivery
When you order from African Extracts, you'll receive an order confirmation by email.
Delivery Lead Time
Orders are dispatched as soon as we are able and generally within 24 hours of receipt of confirmation of payment or on the first possible working day BUT as it's a 15k trip to our local Postshop it sometimes a day or two more. To keep you informed, we always send an email letting you know when your order has been dispatched. We publish standard NZ Post target delivery times, however deliveries frequently take longer than their targets, particularly at busy times of the year.
New Zealand Delivery
You can choose a delivery option at checkout.
- ParcelPost Tracked - Nationwide.
- Delivery target: up to 3 working days not counting the day it is posted.
- Courier - Nationwide. Tracking confirmation.
- Delivery target: next working day. May take longer in Rural areas. $31.00 for maximum weight of 5kg.
- Courier & Signature - Nationwide.
- Delivery target: next working day. May take longer in Rural areas. $37.00 for maximum weight of 5kg.
- International Air is less costly because Track and Trace is not available. If you choose this delivery option, we will take ALL CARE but cannot be held responsible for the delivery once it leaves our hands at our local Post Shop.
- International Courier. The cost will be calculated according to the weight of your order. Australian Customs delay may add days to the delivery beyond the target.
- Any charges incurred after the parcel leaves New Zealand are your responsibility. This includes any taxes, duties or any other charges. Please be aware of what you may be liable for.
- Your order will be sent by International Courier. Tracked, Signature required. Delivery Target: 2 - 6 working days. The cost will be calculated according to the weight of your order. Any charges incurred after the parcel leaves New Zealand are your responsibility. This includes any taxes, duties or any other charges. Please be aware of what you may be liable for.
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars.
- You can select a Payment method at checkout time.
- Australian & other International payments can only be made by credit card.
- NZ payments can be made by:
- Credit or Debit card.
- Credit or Debit Card via PayPal. PayPal is a secure online payment system. You need just to follow the instructions and we will get instant notification that the payment has been received. For ease of use you have the option to use PAYPAL without opting to first create a Paypal account.
- Internet Banking
Lost or damaged goods
Should you need to make a claim for goods damaged in transit this must be done in writing by email within 10 days of either the receipt of the products or the expected delivery date. Please see our contact details. We will either replace the goods or refund your account in full. You will need to keep the product and packaging so we can make a claim against the courier or postal service if deemed appropriate.
Refunds or exchanges
The nature of the product means our reselling of returned products is not usually appropriate.
NZ and Australian Policy
If we have erred, or the product or packaging is faulty then we will immediately replace or refund you. All other returns are at the discretion of African Extracts NZ management and may include refunds, credits or exchanges depending on the circumstances.
This policy is in addition to your statutory rights under the NZ Consumers Guarantees Act.
We will take ALL CARE with packaging and promise to check EVERY PRODUCT before it is sent.
Boxed items (tissue oil, eye cream, starter kits) will be bubble wrapped also but it is possible that some damage to the packaging may occur. We will try to minimize the chances of any damage to packaging.
'Best Before' Date Policy 'Best Before' dates are included on all our products. Unless a product has been identified as being such before it was ordered, we will not deliver products that are past their 'Best Before' date.
Note that 'Best Before' is different from a 'use by' or expiry date and is a guarantee of top quality at the the BB date but this does not mean quality falls away after this date. Products may normally be happily used for quite sometime beyond this date.
Sales Support. Please contact us for any assistance you may require.